Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #554: The Disillusionist
Sorry, bit of a tease with this strip, but the first panel took me a little while to do.
The theater is the Music Box Theatre, of course. It is actually showing The Illusionist and Nora's Will at the moment. It opened in 1929 and seats about 800 people, making it a little over half the size of the Patio Theatre. The Music Box's two screens show a mix of art house, foreign, and classic movies. Its original screen was spared the fate of the Davis's and remains intact, but they have managed to add a tiny, second screen by expanding into the storefront adjacent to the theater.
Here is a Flickr set with my reference photos of the Music Box. You can also vote at TopWebComics to see an enlarged view of panel 1.
Jason is watching The Illusionist, of course.
How much Multiplex can you handle?!
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the fine art of comic strippery, Patrons get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Tuesday, September 29, 2015
I know I don’t usually post stuff like this here, but I was so amazed by this major NASA announcement yesterday. Check it out!
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review: The Island (2005)
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transf4mers: Extinction of Ultron
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers something something… the third one, anyway
- Multiplex Movie Review: Ex Machina
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers (2007)
- Multiplex: The Revenge pre-orders are OPEN
- Multiplex Movie Review: Bad Boys II
- The Multiplex: The Revenge Kickstarter ends at 9PM Central!
- Multiplex Movie Review: Bad Boys