Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #554: The Disillusionist
Sorry, bit of a tease with this strip, but the first panel took me a little while to do.
The theater is the Music Box Theatre, of course. It is actually showing The Illusionist and Nora's Will at the moment. It opened in 1929 and seats about 800 people, making it a little over half the size of the Patio Theatre. The Music Box's two screens show a mix of art house, foreign, and classic movies. Its original screen was spared the fate of the Davis's and remains intact, but they have managed to add a tiny, second screen by expanding into the storefront adjacent to the theater.
Here is a Flickr set with my reference photos of the Music Box. You can also vote at TopWebComics to see an enlarged view of panel 1.
Jason is watching The Illusionist, of course.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- A free eBook every month (or so)!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Sunday, July 27, 2014
Yes. May 15, 2015.
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)
- Trailer Watch: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer #3
- Trailer Watch: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes final trailer