Notes from the Manager
As long-time readers know, I hate missing deadlines, even when they're for more updates than normal, but I'm already falling behind on things thanks to my freelance (over-)workload this week. (On the other hand, it sure is nice to know I can afford to pay for things like rent and groceries this month.)
If you'd like to see me do the strip three times a week on a regular basis… buy the book (or anything else), make a small donation, or tell your friends about Multiplex. The book is for people who really truly madly deeply love the strip or just prefer books to websites (like me), and some of you don't. And I know a lot of you are poor movie theater employees, and that's totally cool, too. But whatever your circumstances, if you enjoy the strip and want more of it than just the two strips a week I'll be doing until… well, until the strip ends… please, pretty please, share Multiplex your friends. Sharing is free!
(You can also just send me a nice e-mail and I will love you for it, but I'd love you more if you got your friends to read the strip, too.)
See you on Friday, and thank you, as always, for reading.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Friday, August 15, 2014
There’s no telling how the film will turn out, but the trailer for The Theory of Everything impressed me by having a respectably balanced focus on both the life of Stephen Hawking (and relationship with his first wife) and the work he is so admired for, unlike so many other film biographies of so-called Great Men.
James Marsh (Man on Wire) directs Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones in the November 7th release.
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)
- Trailer Watch: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer #3