Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #557: The Third Miracle, Part Three; #561: A Night in the Patio, Part One; #562: A Night in the Patio, Part Two; #563: A Night in the Patio, Part Three; #564: A Night in the Patio, Part Four
Chicago's Patio Theater did indeed reopen recently (a couple of weeks ago, actually), so if you're in the area, check it out. Screenings are only $5, so buy some popcorn while you're there and show 'em some love.
A lot of graduations going on this week, too — Chicago Public Schools let out this week, I think, and a lot of Chicago-area colleges are doing the graduation thang, too, so at long last, I thought I'd have Jason and Becky finally finish school this year. (Although I forget if I've ever said in the strip, Kurt never finished college, and Melissa never started.)
My Minneapolis apartment hunt got delayed to this week because of a last-minute freelance gig, so no extra update this week, I'm afraid — so I'll see you on Monday with Multiplex #600… which will just be continuing this conversation, because I think it's kind of silly to celebrate arbitrary milestones in the text of a story. But we can have a party in the Comments!
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, May 27, 2017
Hello, Multiplex readers!
A quick update on what’s going on with everything Multiplex-related:
- The storyboards for the Multiplex 10 animated short are DONE. Rough, but done. Pre-production continues for the next few weeks with the construction/editing/etc. of the first rough animatic and design/illustration work.
- Although the Kickstarter project has ended, you can still support the project (or my comics work) by becoming a Patreon patron or making a one-time PayPal donation.
- Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) is being shipped out to Kickstarter backers and will be available for purchase to everyone else on June 14th — as will the Multiplex mini-posters set.
- I will be at Wizard World Philadelphia (Friday–Sunday only) with copies of Book Three, so if you’re in that neck of the woods, you can get it a little early. :)
- Multiplex Movie Reviews like this one, bonus comics from Multiplex: The Best Laid Plans (Book Four), and other stuff are being exclusively posted to Patreon a couple of times a week. Er, except for this one, obviously.
Other Recent Posts
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)