Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #416: Past, Present and Future?, Part One; #417: Past, Present and Future?, Part Two; #418: Past, Present and Future?, Part Three; #557: The Third Miracle, Part Three; #561: A Night in the Patio, Part One; #562: A Night in the Patio, Part Two
The gentleman Devi and Jason are talking to here is Demetri Kouvalis, the son of the owner of the Patio Theatre. They are indeed — in real life — reopening the Patio Theatre (although I think they're spelling it "Theater" now); they're shooting for a March opening, but as it says in panel 1, it's all up to the city right now.
The white cloudy-looking things on the "starry sky" canopy in panel 6 of the movie theater are projected clouds — a relatively common thing in "atmospheric" auditoriums from this era. You can get a better look at that panel in the current TopWebComics vote incentive.
I'll give you a lot more information about all this on Wednesday, so… see you then. (And for those of you who find this old movie theater stuff kind of boring, the planned Wednesday strip is the last one in this arc. Next week is Oscar weekend!)
SHIRTS ON SALE! I have a clearance sale on all of the T-shirts in my store, because… I'm trying to clear out of my stock? (That's what those are usually for, right?) Some of them are as low as $4.99, so, y'know. Check 'em out.
Join the Conversation
Posting Rules: Do not post comments about typos; e-mail me or use Twitter instead. No spamming, and no trolling. Inappropriate comments may be edited or deleted, and repeated or egregious offenders may be IP banned — so don’t be a dick. Please.comments powered by Disqus
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- A free eBook every month (or so)!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Thursday, April 17, 2014
This apparently hit big at Sundance, and who doesn’t like Jean-Ralphio’s sister on Parks & Rec? Okay, maybe a lot of people, but Jenny Slate is fuckin’ funny. Anyway. Obvious Child is an indie comedy-drama about a young potty-mouth comedian (Slate) who finds out she’s pregnant and… just watch this.
Obvious Child was written and directed by Gillian Robespierre. It hits theaters on June 6, 2014. It’s so indie, its official movie site is on Tumblr.
Join the Conversation
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Rover theatrical trailer
- Trailer Watch: X-Men: Days of Future Past final trailer
- Trailer Watch: David Fincher’s Gone Girl
- Trailer Watch: Guy Pearce in The Rover
- Trailer Watch: 22 Jump Street red band trailer
- Trailer Watch: How to Train Your Dragon 2 official trailer #3
- Spoiler Zone: Captain America: The Winter Soldier talkback
- Trailer Watch: Godzilla extended look
- Trailer Watch: ScarJo stars in Limitless 2: The Matrix — I mean, Lucy
- I’ve been drawing Turtles, I guess. Here’s Leonardo.