Notes from the Manager
Welcome back. If you stopped by yesterday, you know that I had a little redirect going on, blacking out the site in protest of SOPA and PIPA.
And, as you can see, we've got another pencils-only post. I'm afraid this will likely continue for a few more updates. I'll post the inked and toned strips as I can get through them and hopefully get caught up soon.
But I've been more than a little swamped between a few freelance projects all hitting the fan this week and into next, and so that's what's up. Bills come first, and unfortunately, Multiplex doesn't pay them.
UPDATE (1/22): Got sidelined by a freelance project that I can't tell you about just yet, Multiplex #661 won't be up until Monday afternoon, I'm afraid — but it's a comic strip! For a very cool website! So hey, that's good, right?
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Friday, August 15, 2014
There’s no telling how the film will turn out, but the trailer for The Theory of Everything impressed me by having a respectably balanced focus on both the life of Stephen Hawking (and relationship with his first wife) and the work he is so admired for, unlike so many other film biographies of so-called Great Men.
James Marsh (Man on Wire) directs Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones in the November 7th release.
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)
- Trailer Watch: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer #3