Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #689: Bad Brains
Bad Taste is, of course, one of Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson's early, schlock horror films.
In case you missed the note above the strip (or don't read the strip at the website), I've put a bigger view of panel 4 as an extra, with a look at how Kurt did the Blogger's make-up, because some of you commented about it last week. A few shots of him looking normal, cut, and then replace him with this false head-and-shoulders kit, and there you go.
There would also need to be a little more padding (some of which you can see on top of his upper arm, to make the shoulder look higher than it is) to keep the shape of the Blogger's upper body around the frame. I couldn't show all of it, though, or you wouldn't be able to see how his head fits under it. This elongates his torso, of course, but all that is off-frame in the shots where his head was smashed in (and split in two, sort of unintentionally). As always, I try to make the effects somewhat feasible — even if the unlimited amount of supplies and money towards creating the effects that Kurt has is not.
Anyway. Stay tuned to the Deleted Scenes blog for an update about PayPal donations toward the Book 2 project. I'll start getting all that set up as soon as I finish typing this up, but it might not be done by the time some of you eager beavers read this. UPDATE: There we go. PayPal users can now contribute to the Multiplex: Book 2 Project via the Multiplex Store.
Join the Conversation
Posting Rules: Do not post comments about typos; e-mail me or use Twitter instead. No spamming, and no trolling. Inappropriate comments may be edited or deleted, and repeated or egregious offenders may be IP banned — so don’t be a dick. Please.comments powered by Disqus
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- A free eBook every month (or so)!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
This is the most standard action movie trailer yet for X-Men: Days of Future Past, but also the best overview of the plot of the actual film (not to be confused with the premise/basic set-up of sending Wolvie back in time in order to blah blah blah).
Pretty cool stuff. The movie finally comes out on May 23, 2014.
Join the Conversation
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: David Fincher’s Gone Girl
- Trailer Watch: Guy Pearce in The Rover
- Trailer Watch: 22 Jump Street red band trailer
- Trailer Watch: How to Train Your Dragon 2 official trailer #3
- Spoiler Zone: Captain America: The Winter Soldier talkback
- Trailer Watch: Godzilla extended look
- Trailer Watch: ScarJo stars in Limitless 2: The Matrix — I mean, Lucy
- I’ve been drawing Turtles, I guess. Here’s Leonardo.
- “Inside the greatest sci-fi film never made” by Bryan Bishop
- Trailer Watch: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles official trailer