Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #689: Bad Brains
Bad Taste is, of course, one of Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson's early, schlock horror films.
In case you missed the note above the strip (or don't read the strip at the website), I've put a bigger view of panel 4 as an extra, with a look at how Kurt did the Blogger's make-up, because some of you commented about it last week. A few shots of him looking normal, cut, and then replace him with this false head-and-shoulders kit, and there you go.
There would also need to be a little more padding (some of which you can see on top of his upper arm, to make the shoulder look higher than it is) to keep the shape of the Blogger's upper body around the frame. I couldn't show all of it, though, or you wouldn't be able to see how his head fits under it. This elongates his torso, of course, but all that is off-frame in the shots where his head was smashed in (and split in two, sort of unintentionally). As always, I try to make the effects somewhat feasible — even if the unlimited amount of supplies and money towards creating the effects that Kurt has is not.
Anyway. Stay tuned to the Deleted Scenes blog for an update about PayPal donations toward the Book 2 project. I'll start getting all that set up as soon as I finish typing this up, but it might not be done by the time some of you eager beavers read this. UPDATE: There we go. PayPal users can now contribute to the Multiplex: Book 2 Project via the Multiplex Store.
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, May 27, 2017
Hello, Multiplex readers!
A quick update on what’s going on with everything Multiplex-related:
- The storyboards for the Multiplex 10 animated short are DONE. Rough, but done. Pre-production continues for the next few weeks with the construction/editing/etc. of the first rough animatic and design/illustration work.
- Although the Kickstarter project has ended, you can still support the project (or my comics work) by becoming a Patreon patron or making a one-time PayPal donation.
- Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) is being shipped out to Kickstarter backers and will be available for purchase to everyone else on June 14th — as will the Multiplex mini-posters set.
- I will be at Wizard World Philadelphia (Friday–Sunday only) with copies of Book Three, so if you’re in that neck of the woods, you can get it a little early. :)
- Multiplex Movie Reviews like this one, bonus comics from Multiplex: The Best Laid Plans (Book Four), and other stuff are being exclusively posted to Patreon a couple of times a week. Er, except for this one, obviously.
Other Recent Posts
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)