Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #853: Apparatus Theory
The title of this comes from a Tom Gunning essay, “The Cinema of Attractions: Early Film, Its Spectator and the Avant-Garde,” which I read recently for the media studies class I’m taking. It’s scholarly, so not the easiest read for the uninitiated, but if you’re curious, I thought it was great. You can find a PDF of the essay here, hosted by Columbia University.
How much Multiplex can you handle?!
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the fine art of comic strippery, Patrons get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Thursday, February 11, 2016
This flyer design (including the illustrations, obviously) was a quick freelance project created for Chris Rager, the (English dub) voice of Hercule in Dragon Ball Z and Torgue in Borderlands 2 — a.k.a. the two characters shown here, if you’re unfamiliar with them. He’s starting up a class on voice acting next month and wanted something eye-catching to help promote it.
I met Chris at a convention a year or two ago (that’s why he called me to do this!), and he’s a blast, so if you’re in the Plano, Texas, area and interested, definitely look into this course. The first class runs from March 15th–April 5th, Tuesday evenings from 7–10 pm. (Four classes for three hours each class.)
I don’t know any more details, so just read the flyer!
If nothing else, I thought you guys might like the illustration.
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex will be back soon. (updated)
- Work on Book Three has begun.
- Multiplex is back (yes, already!)
- Multiplex is on a short hiatus.
- Major NASA Announcement
- Multiplex Movie Review: The Island (2005)
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transf4mers: Extinction of Ultron
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers something something… the third one, anyway
- Multiplex Movie Review: Ex Machina
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen